Conference and Workshop Call for Papers
All current calls for papers are found on our International Conference, Affiliated Conferences and Affiliated Workshop pages.
Please review the current call for Conference Site Proposals for 2018:
Call for 2018 Conference Site Proposals for the
International Network of Genocide Scholars (INoGS)
6th Global Conference on Genocide
INoGS is looking back on a series of successful “Global Conferences on Genocide” (Sheffield 2009, Brighton 2010, San Francisco 2012, Cape Town 2014 and Jerusalem 2016). The Executive Board of the International Network of Genocide Scholars (INoGS) now invites proposals for its 6th Global Conference on Genocide to take place in 2018. We particularly welcome submissions from the Global South.
The proposals should anticipate a conference of a total number of approximately 150, but with sufficient flexibility to accommodate even more presentations if necessary.Proposals should consider the length of the conference, Thursday afternoon to Sunday with approximately 100-150 participants, 40-50 panels, and at least two plenary sessions.
Interested parties or institutions should identify and address the following items for a successful bid to host the conference:
- Provide a brief overview of any benefits or challenges associated with the conference site, especially as it pertains to the ease of access and cost of travel to the city.
- Include specific date(s) for hosting the conference.
- Include a brief statement addressing previous experience in conference planning and arrangements.
- Detail the available meeting rooms,equipment,refreshments,meals,housing,on-site registration facilities, participant e-mail access, and reception.
- Identify the availability of technology to participants, including AV projection and WiFi.
- Identify the availability of on-site catering facilities, including beverages,meals,and snacks.
- Specify the possibility for food and entertainment in the vicinity of the hotel(s) and conference site.
- Specify plans for advertisement and general publicity such as website design and hosting.
- Specify the form of registration, preferably on-line registration including the challenges that come with international advanced registration and payment.
- Provide a breakdown of estimated costs including accommodation rates and possible special rates and other amenities such as meeting rooms or receptions. It is important to address the distance and convenience of hotel(s) to meeting site and any transport arrangements if necessary.
- Specify the possibility of sponsorship and potential sponsorship from the host institution or other sources.
- Include a detailed budget estimate, indicating well-mapped and realistic projections.
Please note if needed the Executive Board will provide logistical support, as much as it is possible, and be available to answer questions or concerns if needed.
Please don’t hesitate to send informal inquiries to: Vice-Executive Secretary of INoGS, Dr. Rachel E. McGinnis via email. Her email address is – email@example.com. In addition, please submit proposals to the INoGS Executive Board via the Vice Executive Secretary no later than January 31, 2017.